CHIA CHOCOLATE PUDDING (MEP 3*)
Serves approximately: 2-4 estimated MAKING time: 10
*can be adapted to MEP 2 - please check with your Practitioner to see if it is suitable for you
- 400ml organic coconut cream
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder.
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (MEP Stage 3)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds.
- Your favourite berries, to serve (cacao nibs are great too - crunchy goodness)
- In a bowl mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly between 2-4 cups/mugs/ramekins.
- Store cups in fridge for at least 4 hours to allow the mixture to set.
- Once they are set, enjoy them with a handful of berries or a sprinkle of cacao nibs.
WARM WINTER STEW (MEP 1) serves approximately: 4-6 estimated cooking time: 2 hours
- 500-600g diced meat (organic beef or lamb - I used beef)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped/minced
- 1 carrot, cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp organic Worcestershire sauce (I used the brand; Melrose - I’ve found that you can buy it at health food stores and Supabarn)
- 2 swedes/turnips, diced
- 1/3 cauliflower, diced
- 500ml organic beef stock (you could also use organic beef bone broth)
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt, to taste
- Handful of parsley, to garnish
- Preheat slow-cooker on high.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Cook the diced meat in frying pan until brown (do not cook through).
- In the slow-cooker, add all ingredients and combine.
- Allow the ingredients to stew for 1-3 hours or until vegetables are soft and meat is tender.
- Serve by itself or you may like to serve with gluten free bread and butter (great for soaking up the yummy juices) or mashed potato.